Civic Leadership Certification (CLC) provides the National Organization and the respective State Organization with an assessment of the services that each chapter provides its members. Chapters who follow the CLC guidelines are healthy chapters that will prosper and grow by offering a variety of programs. All chapters achieving certification will be recognized at Annual Convention for the State Level and the Annual Meeting for the National Level.
2017 Civic Leadership Certification
Some requirements include:
- Engaging in projects that create positive change
- Offering Board and new member orientations
- Provide projects and events in the following areas: Business Development, Individual Development, Community Development, International, and Active Citizenship
- Member participation in state, national and JCI meetings and events
- Proper communication with members and community stakeholders
- Adhering to the chapter approved budget and Plan of Action
- Maintaining accurate member and chapter information in the membership database
Important Information regarding Parades
Minnesota will follow the same criteria for determining Civic Leadership Certification at the state level as what is outlined in the national program. However, we will continue to offer a separate Performers Club (Parade) program for state recognition. Visit the Performers Club Page for more information.